Sunday, November 15, 2015

[The Secret World] Samhain 2015: The Seven Silences

Venue: The Secret World
Created by: Funcom
Event: Samhain (Halloween 2015)
Mission:The Seven Silences (aftermath of The Park game by Funcom)
Location: Tabula Rasa in Edwitch, London. 

According to the Council of Venice, a Bee has committed suicide. Is it even possible for one of the Gaia-imbued to end their own life? Many interested parties will want to know.  The supposed Bee suicide happened at the Tabula Rasa. You should investigate.  The dream journal is incomplete. But the first page indicates that the way to kill the bee within is by dismembering it via nightmares. The one who wrote the journal believed the right sort of dream could be found in the Tabula Rasa, in Room Primus.




Lore from the Buzzing: The Silent Screams

Lore 1
Our wisdom flows so sweet. Taste and see.

TRANSMIT - initiate the sparagmos signal - RECEIVE - initiate the dissection cadence - MAMA DUCK SAID, "QUACK, QUACK, QUACK, QUACK" - initiate the suicide song - BUT NO LITTLE DUCKS CAME BACK - seek the seven nightmares - WITNESS - the Seven Silences

Lore 2
Impossible, they said. Improbable? That one touched by Gaia could give back her gift. That one imbued with anima, could end their meat sentence prematurely. How to do it? How to cut out the bee inside? It took her decades, with little hope to support her. Can you imagine wanting something that badly, sweetling?

Lore 3
Backtrack. Initiate playback. A room. No windows. Could be anywhere. Could be in Venice. A woman lays on a table. Doctors and mystics go to work. "Is she a compatible candidate?" Heads nod. "Latent occult abilities." Heads nod. A glass jar filled with firefly lights sits in the corner. Only it is not a jar, and it is not a firefly.

Lore 4
UNLAWFUL EXPLOIT DETECTED! They did a wrong thing, sweetling. They kept a captured bee in that container. They artificially placed the bee in that woman. They made her like you, but not like you. Suddenly she could hear us, and our voice may have not sounded too kind.

Lore 5
Fast forward. Initiate playback. A woman lays in a bed. She performs surgery on herself via dreams. She has seven scalpels, and their names are: Basiphobia, Dementophobia, Gymnophobia, Coulrophobia, Paranoia, Claustrophobia, and a scalpel yet to be named. Sparagmos. The bee came undone.

Lore 6
The Council of Venice had found her, you see. They had made her their agent. They erased the frightful records of her past. But they could not erase the past within her. They did not comprehend. They did not suspect that a terrible drive, given years to work, can do impossible things. How could she live a lifetime knowing what she knew? How could she live forever?

Lore 7
We sing a sad song for Lorraine. We sing a sad song for Callum. Mama duck and little duck. We had tried to warn her about the nature of the park. But her ears were not tuned then, you see. She could not hear our shouts. Not back then.




Dialogue:

Tier 1:
Council of Venice Agent: I didn't know that you were coming. To be honest, there isn't much to see.
Council of Venice Agent: The body has been taken away and we're wrapping up our investigation.
Council of Venice Agent: We'll be making a report to all concerned parties within the week.
Council of Venice Agent: We found a Dream Journal, but almost all of the pages are cut out.
Council of Venice Agent: I guess whoever it was just wanted to be left alone.
Council of Venice Agent: The journal room is in Primus if you think there is anything more to see.

Tier 2:
Dream voice: In this dream, I am falling.
Dream voice: I wonder to myself, is this death?
Dream voice: Is this how everything ends?
Dream voice: I think this is what I want. But then the ocean comes rushing up to meet me.

Tier 3:
Dream voice: In this dream, the telephone is ringing.
Dream voice: I know that answering it is the only way to stop something tragic from happening.
Dream voice: And yet, I can never reach the phone. I am always too late.

Tier 4:
Dream voice: In this dream, I am vulnerable.
Dream voice: All the eyes of the world are upon me and they judge me and find me wanting.
Dream voice: My clothes, my gear, everything is treachery. I am alone.

Tier 5:
Dream voice: In this dream, I fight. I fight the demons of the past.
Dream voice: I fight against myself.
Dream voice: That's the thing about it though, even when you win, you lose.

Tier 6:
Dream voice: In this dream, I flee. There is only one place to run.
Dream voice: Always away from the past, always into the future.
Dream voice: My life in flight.

Tier 7:
Dream voice: They offered me Gaia and I took her because I didn't have a choice.
Dream voice: But she chips, she chips away at us. Can't you feel it?
Dream voice: Don't you know what she is taking from you?
Tier 8:
Dream voice: I cannot be healed. I cannot run from the damage, nor can I find solace from it.
Dream voice: My power is gone.

Tier 9:
Council of Venice Agent: You. I sent you away.
Council of Venice Agent: Nothing to see here, I remember telling you that.
Council of Venice Agent: This was the only dream I really wanted.
Council of Venice Agent: They offered me Gaia and I took her because I didn't have a choice.
Council of Venice Agent: But she chips, chips away at us. Can't you feel it?
Council of Venice Agent: Don't you know what she is taking from you?
Council of Venice Agent: You can't feel it, can you? You don't even know.
Council of Venice Agent: And now you're going to bring me back.
Council of Venice Agent: I don't want to go. I don't want to be back there.

Council of Venice Agent: This was the only way.

The Diary of Lorraine Maillard:












Reports:

The Dragon
TO: Dante
SUBJECT: The Seven Silences
I thought all you Bees-Knees types come by your condition via the mysterious goddess machine herself. But word has it, this Lorraine Maillard got her bee put in her by the Council of Venice mooks. Then, she ups and figures out the impossible, how to give herself the big sleep. That'd be unbelievable, but I know a thing or two about normies doing the impossible and punching above their weight. Have the right thing driving you, and anything's possible. Just took her thirty years. The Pachinko machine says she's connected to the Atlantic Island Park - says something bad happened there. Real bad.
D.K

FROM: The Labyrinth (The Illuminati)
TO: Casstiel
SUBJECT: The Seven Silences
Lorraine Maillard. My sources say she's been an active agent of the Council of Venice since the 80s. But the really interesting part is, according to those sources , she did not become a Bee by the normal means ( "normal" being relative ). The Council worked some kind of mad science to put one in her. See, before then she only had some kind of minor occult talent, probably didn't even know she did, and then Venice put a bee in into her.We need to know the particulars of how that process works. Has the council done this before? I don't know know Lorraine's sad story ( The council deep-sixed her records ), but it takes a powerful drive to do what she did.
KG

FROM: Temple Hall
TO: Eos
SUBJECT: The Seven Silences
The story of Lorraine Maillard is tragedy, but a tragedy of which we have precious few details of. I have never heard of one of Gaia's chosen being able to end their existence. What's more, our intelligence says she was not imbued with her power as you were, but that the Council of Venice somehow empowered her artificially. Is such a thing even possible? The only other detail I have on her life is that she had a son named Callum. Where is Callum now, our records do not say.

R. Sonnac




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

[Mage 2: The Dethroned Queen] New Legacy: Dancers of the Masquerade

Out of Character (OOC): Chronicle: Mage 2: The Dethroned Queen Venue: Mage: The Awakening 2nd Edition Chronicle Storyteller: Jerad S...

Most Popular Posts