Wednesday, March 30, 2016

[Vampire: The Requiem] The Neonate - "Entry 4: Blood Sympathy"

((In Character (IC) Document:

Venue: Chronicles of Darkness - Vampire: The Requiem (The Strix Chronicle)
Character: Christopher "\/00|>00" Langer
Post by Jerad Sayler & Raen Schadden))
 
 
 
 
11 November 2009
 
A few hours after sunset I felt him; the lynch pin of my existence that I can’t seem to escape... even with all the distance.  He’s in a rage and he’s killing something, I can’t help but feel he is passing this along on purpose.  I feel the frozen ground crack under his feet and hot blood on his tongue steaming in the cold night air.  He’s not just killing something, he’s tearing it apart with his bare hands, letting his wrath out on a meat punching bag.  I am at first sharing in his anger and blood lust, and then I am terrified.  What/who is he killing?  Is he going after my family?  Maybe I was wrong to go away. He needs me. Even though he will punish me in ways I dare not contemplate.  The family needs me.

In a few minutes the emotions and senses fade but they linger all night like a bad taste in the back of the throat.  In the beginning he told me he was my master and that I must drink his blood to grow stronger, to strengthen the bond to his power that he could transfer it to me as needed.  I am strong, my blood is stronger than the youngest of our kind and most less than half a century old, but I know now that he enslaved me.  He is my Master, my sire, my father, and so much like a brother.  He is my only companion in this requiem and I abandoned him.  I have to let that inner fire burn these bleeding wounds again least I give in to these feelings.

He is maddening, a liar, and revels in dark and evil deeds.  He drove me to the brink of madness and agony and still I stayed and believed in him, played his game.  When I could endure it no longer, and my mortal life and everything echo of love was in jeopardy I ran away.  It takes everything I have to stay away and hide.

I settle down by reading another chapter in the Testament of Longinus, honoring my vow to finish it before next court and discuss it with the Reverend.   The second book is called The Torments of Longinus in which he comes face to face with the negative aspects of his new existence.  He is laughed at by the Kindred of Rome, the Camarilla.  Eventually he finds a mortal scholar to give words to his faith, learns what he can, and then reveals his true nature.

 He embraces his first childer and the spend years in fellowship, praying, fasting, and increasing their knowledge.  He gives this unnamed vampire the spear and walks alone into the night finding though he is sometimes repulsed by faith the weight of hypocrisy allows him to feed on many of the corrupted faith.  He comes upon what will become the Dark Monastery and purges the sinful monks in the manner of their seven deadly sins.  He embraces the only righteous man after a long religious conversation and their numbers swell as they are heard by the other kindred prowling the night.

An email from Mary Jane:

Chris,

Yeah yeah... I know... honest lick's a rare thing, and an honest lick that means what she says when she says she's an honest lick, that's even more rare.  I get that from time to time.  *grins*

Biggest drive that pulls most licks into a city, more than anything else, is food.  'Course, where the food gathers, it forces the predators into closer proximity, and that forces the need for rules and guidelines.  Structure breeds stability.  Stability helps corner the Beast and in general keeps everyone safer.  Allow structure to fall to the wayside and you end up with... well... shit in the fan and then on everyone else.  This if, of course, why everyone got pissy about how long you'd been in town.

I am glad you recognized the need for being around your own kind.  Not all Damned on the run figure that one out, and it usually ends badly for them.  Either staked, in the sunlight, or riddled with hunter bullets.

Since I've read this, and since I didn't know you had just a month to 'pick that Covenant', I've started talking to my Bishop.  You met him, I'm sure.  Brother Maddox, also known as the Sheriff, and also known as our Primogen.  Not making any promises at this point, but I'm trying to get some cover worked out for you while get some time to figure out where you're going with your requiem.  Again, not doing it with some hidden agenda.  Doing it because you deserve the fair shake.  But, I understand if that makes you feel more paranoid... so if you want to owe me a favor on the books when all's said and done, we can talk to Jack, our Harpy, about it.

Really... there's no catch with me.  I am doing what I'm called to do.  I expect you to question.  I expect that you won't believe everything I tell you, and that if it doesn't make sense to you that you'll push at it to see if it works and how.  If an arrangement can be reached that'll give you the chance to figure out where you fit, the only thing I'll expect in return is that you're respectful of us and how your actions will reflect on us while you're taking shelter with us.

And of course, I'll be happy to sit down with you and discuss the Testament.

Oh, and I'm not old... really.  *grins*  I've seen old.  Old is often scary.

Mary

I am excited to now have the protection of Sheriff Maddox, a temporary Covenant to provide stability and allow me to anchor myself something to myself long enough to get my bearings.  I am quickly being integrated into this society, it’s scary, but I reason less scary then being alone.  

 I write an excited reply:

Mary,

I am very grateful for your efforts in the matters of providing me with a covenant cover, it could very well prove to be my survival.  There is much I don’t know, but I am a fast learner and willing.  I will do my best not to bring shame upon the Sanctified while I am among your ranks provided I have mentors to help me.  I drift through my Requiem a fugitive without purpose or petty amusements, just an ignorant survivor, tormented, but maybe this is what it means to be damned.  

Tonight I felt my sire with the Blood Sympathy; I felt his rage though I know not the source.  I am filled with fear and tormented with my bond with him. Is there a way to break this blood bond?  

 In the earlier nights he told me it was vital that I strengthen my bond with him so that I could gain his unlife and become more powerful.  He was my Master and he told me that was the nature of the curse.  I know now that it was a trick to have a willing thrall... but not something I can escape, I ran and that was hard enough.

I also appreciate the freebie help, I know it doesn’t come often and it’s a good gesture on your part.

Thanks again,

Chris
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

[Mage 2: The Dethroned Queen] New Legacy: Dancers of the Masquerade

Out of Character (OOC): Chronicle: Mage 2: The Dethroned Queen Venue: Mage: The Awakening 2nd Edition Chronicle Storyteller: Jerad S...

Most Popular Posts